Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Less is More

Oh my!  It looks like it's been almost a year since my last post here.  Well, this creative mamma took on a job as a part time math teacher at a community college.  It's been keeping me busy!  Too busy to scrapbook most of the time.  But, after a year of teaching, I feel like I have settled into a routine and I have been scrapbooking like crazy since January!

But, to be clear, I should define what I mean by "like crazy"...

When I say, "like crazy", that means I am completing 2-6 pages per month. (That's only 1-3 2-page layouts.)

Yep. That's all.

I have never tried to scrapbook ALL the pictures I take.  I don't even scrapbook most of them.  Rather, I like to scrapbook some of my very favorite moments... 

I remember as a kid and teenager looking at other peoples vaction pictures and sometimes being very bored.  Then one time, some friends showed me a video of their adventure through the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Yosemite, etc.  It was wonderful and captivating...  Can you guess why?  They'd forgotten to take the battery charger for their video camera!  So they had to conserve the battery by only shooting a minute or so at each place! 

That's when I realized... Less is More.

I scrapbook the memories that I want my kids to have forever.  I'm not a fast scrapbooker, but there is a lot of love put into each page!

New posts of my latest pages coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment